Thursday, December 20, 2012

Quit your Prepping


     Quit your prepping and cool it.  Today is the day to take a chill pill and see what’s next.  This is not the day to run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to get things you might need if the world ends tomorrow, or later today.

     Today is the 355th day of the year.  There are only 3.5 shopping days left till the stores close for Christmas, (Wal-Mart the exception here) it is payday for many, it is the last Friday of the year.  Do you really think getting stuck in the middle of that hornet’s nest is the thing to do?  Preppers don’t. 

dailycaller.com
     We are resigned that this is what we have.  Whatever we need we will trade for when trading is possible.  We will maintain a sense of normalcy as best we can.  We will not run around shouting, this is it!  This is it!  We will wait it out. 

     Most preppers will wait it out in their retreat homes or on the job with their bug out bags and bug out vehicles in the parking lot.  We will go to work as if it were any other day; we will speak with our families and loved ones as if the world will go on forever.  We will wait and see. 

     What we will see will be up to the ill prepared.  I don’t care if the world ends or if you think it will or won’t.  I am prepared for whatever comes Friday or Saturday.  I am almost prepped for Christmas; there is a little sewing left to finish and some wrapping of kid’s gifts.  I will go on.

     I will go on as I have done in the past.  I remember the day John F. Kennedy was shot.  I didn't think my third grade teacher had a heart let alone tear ducts.  I knew she had tenure.  I remember the day Elvis died.  I remember, Watergate and the Viet Nam Era and the homecoming to follow.  I married a Viet Vet (or two) truth be told, so I lived it in two directions, coming and going.  I remember all the hurricanes and the tornadoes they spawned; I remember when it snowed in Central Florida.  I remember Y2K and September 11th, 2001 and I remember the attack on the USS Cole the year before! 

     I remember and learned and prepared for next.  I warned family and friends and I stopped talking when they stopped listening.  I carried on to the next day and the next.  I will go on until I can go no more. 

     I am not saying it is just another day.  I am saying it is just another milestone in life.  If something happens, if nothing happens, it is another milestone day for it is another day we survived ready for what comes our way.

     So, for those family members that read this post thinking I quit prepping, sorry for the scare.  You know I love you and I will see you all on the other side of tomorrow. 

For those of you who have no food, medicine, protective weapons ( guns and ammo, bows and arrows), clothing ,or shelter, well then, you, not so much.

No comments: