Friday, July 5, 2013

Back to Work

www.amexappointmentbooks.com 
     Now, that my holiday has passed, it is time to get back to work.  For me, that means get out the Black Book.  I have tried several calenders to get my work and my personal notes together on the same page.  A few years ago, a homeowner had been sent several American Express Appointment book, one for each card she held.  She had extra.  I fell in love.  The way the book is laid out and the amount of information you can cram in there with whatever color code you need to keep yourself straight is amazing.  The paper accepts highlighter without smearing or soaking through to the next page.  You can pick these up at almost thirty dollars each.  Try to find one at a yard sale, I have for last three years paid only a dollar for them.  Whatever way you go, if you have a favorite book from the Dollar Tree or Walmart  just get yourself a book and get yourself straight.  

     If I didn't have a book to make notes, I would have slept in till nine, gone to a yard sale, maybe spent some time at the storage unit, and eaten a pound of leftover banana pudding.  Instead, the book said, get to work, because I didn't go to work yesterday.  :)  bad book.

     ANNNNND, because I took the day off I had two jobs instead of one.  I had to look in the book several times to remind myself where i was supposed to be and when I was supposed to be there.  

     I am not complaining, mind you.  It was a great day with family and fireworks.  No one got blown up, (well...no one in our family!  a friend of one of my sons burned her hand...and as a nurse she should know better than to hold a firecracker in one hand and a beer in the other!) everyone had a great memory to take home with them.  It's just time to get back to work in so many ways. 

     The year is half done.  It's the half way point for first time preppers to check their goods and calculate what they have purchased on the weekly savings plan.  If we saved  or invested $15 a week, it is 25.8 weeks later and that's $387 of goods and gadgets stored toward the hard times to come.  All the reading of blogs and thinking this is a good idea or that might be something to try, is done.  It's six months in to the year, it's time to count, recount and go and do.  

     It's time to count what you have saved, what you have invested in supplies, time to start or finish projects and get on with the business of life.  

Go!        Do!     The fun time was great.....now, get back to work.  
  

No comments: