Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pepper Spray and Stunzilla

StunZilla Stun Guns
http://www.swat-police-equipment.com
  THIS POST is ALL MY PERSONAL OPINION! 

   I don't know where you live or the laws in your state.  I know it is currently legal to carry a stun gun in Florida.  I bought one called Stunzilla at a yard sale years ago for $2.  I had to come up with two nine volt batteries to make it spark!  It was a lifesaver.  
www.gandermountain.com 
     I drive with my windows down.  Mostly that is a habit from the olden days when air conditioning was not standard even in a new car!  I have a.c. in the car but, the window on my side is down.  Since I bought Stunzilla, I have been accosted more than a few times by beggars.  It has been four years and I have never been touched.  I have never had to stun someone, but I have put my hand on the trigger and made the zapping noise.  Apparently that zapping noise is the international noise that says, “Get your dirty hand out of my car, I just put my car in park, I am not reaching for your drug money in my purse!”  I have been at a traffic light when some guy waltzed up to me while I was talking to my grandson in the passenger seat.  I didn’t have to say a word, and he didn’t take but a second to turn and run.  

www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.com 
      I was looking at a flyer from Gander Mountain sporting goods store a couple years back, when I saw a stun gun in pink cammo pattern.  I thought, how cute!  But, that is not my style.  Then one day later the subject of safety came up while I was in a client’s home.  Her nanny had had a close call with a dark figure in a dark parking lot.  Fortunately, she slammed her car door shut, locked the door and called her boyfriend in the apartment, who called the police.  I suggested she get the pink stun gun.  She is all girlie girl and a pink case in her purse would look like it belonged there.  The stun gun in her hand looks like she is carrying a fashion print eyeglass case.  They now come in solid colors and small shapes but still pack a big punch.

http://www.trueswords.com
      I am not liking the defense pen, for myself.  I have a lot of pens in the deep dark recesses of my bag and I couldn't tell which one is an unbreakable defense weapon in an emergency.  This is a personal preference and the reason I do not mention the maker’s name.  It may be a very good solution to the person who keeps a pen clipped in an inner jacket pocket; it just doesn't work for me. 
lipstickmace.com 
      I am liking the lipstick pepper spray case.  I don't carry lipstick in my daily handbag so a lipstick case would look as if it belonged to eyes of someone who doesn't know me.  I like the idea that this is a defensive weapon that doesn't scream,"I have a defensive weapon in my handbag."  I do not like the pistol grip pepper spray devices.  They look like a gun.  They are not a gun.  If you are going to carry something that looks like a handgun  it should shoot bullets.   If you need a conceal carry permit for a handgun and you are carrying something that looks like a handgun, you are asking for trouble.  Criminals want your gun as much as they want your money.  Police feel threatened by the appearance of a gun shaped item and have every right to shoot you when you threaten them.     

      Whatever you decide is right for you is right for you.  Always check state and local laws.  There is an age restriction on carrying pepper spray locally, so be sure you inquire not just to legality to carry but age as well.  It is not a good idea to take the item in hand and walk up to local law enforcement.  It is too late to find out a defense weapon is legal when you are being handcuffed!  That is my favorite episode on the TV show COPS.  Someone buys crack and offers it as evidence to a policeman to prove there is a crack dealer nearby.  What idiots! Yeah, please do your research first! 
www.episodedata.com 


      I know we have all seen these movies where the victim turns on their assailant and turns a can of hairspray into a flamethrower.  I am sure it can be done.  I loved McGyver and my sons all went through a phase with alcohol cannons.  Yet, in a pinch and under pressure, I want a tool that works when you pull the trigger.  

     I like pepper spray on a calm day but I personally prefer the stun gun.  It works in close quarters.  If you are twenty feet away from me, I don't want to anger you by spraying you.  I want to walk away and if you touch me, I want you to hurt, writhe in pain and wallow on the ground while I leave you quickly.  No touching the prepper!

     On a personal note, what I really want is my own zat'nik'tal  !
www.rdanderson.com

No comments: