Friday, August 30, 2013

Hawks in Flight

     Today, I was waiting at a red light.  I don't text, I look around.  I see others texting, toying with their music, threatening the kids in the back seat, mostly, I am looking around.  I noticed a flash of shadows in the sky.  A hawk was in flight above the intersection with a small mouse or mouselike critter in it's talons.  

www.grahamowengallery.com 
     I watched as a second hawk dropped out of the clouds and swooped past the first.  I have seen hunting pairs of hawks trade off their kill in mid air.  I saw a hawk pick up a fish, turn it to face forward and fly up to another, trade it off to a second bird who turned it to face forward and they separated, one back to the lake the other to the tree line.  I thought this was what I was seeing, but suddenly a third bird flew into the picture.  The third bird flew right into the second and bird with the mouse.  The second bird pivoted in the wind and came at it with all it's speed.  The first hawk hung on to it's kill but made a bee line for the tree line as the two birds turned to chase.

      So, this time I was seeing a pair of hawks trying to gain food by fighting one of their own kind.  Nature at it's most natural, these birds went about the business of surviving as if they were the only creatures on earth.  I was lucky to have seen the dance in the sky and it brought a dark thought to mind.

     Some time ago, I had shared my copy of James Wesley.Rawles' book Patriots.  After he read about half of it, he returned it to me with a snort.  He reviewed the book as if he were a professor of literature (his mother holds that title, not he).  When he finished, he said if the end of the world as we know it came, he would just take out his collection of guns,(handguns mostly collectable but still deadly) and go to the nearest gun shop, rob it for bigger weapons and ammo and take whatever he needed as he needed it.  

     We do not talk anymore.  For the sake of family, I am a head nod when he is in the room or passing by, but all conversation stops, even the most benign.  I never speak to his wife on the subject of prepping and I never talk beyond the most polite social requirements.  


     Recently, someone posted a video to my facebook about the preppers who won't prep claiming they don't have the money but they do have the weapons to take supplies from actual preppers if they need it.  They rest upon the laurels of their military or paramilitary (police) training.  They stand upon the moral ground that they are the strong who will survive and do so by any means.  The ground upon which they stand is shaky, at best.

Beware: Ex Military Soldier’s Survival Plan Is “To Hit Preppers”

Mac Slavo
August 27th, 2013
SHTFplan.com
http://www.shtfplan.com
     Like the hawks in the sky, nature will take it's course.  When unguarded, the hunter will be hunted.  There will be those who wait to prep because they know others are prepping.  They will assault God loving decent people and kill them for food, clothing, shelter, water, whatever they believe they need.  They will turn on their own kind, they will attack, they will use their training and they will drag their spouses and kids into battle with them, prepared for battle or not.  There are those who will do just that.  

     I hope they are reading the comments on the facebook video I was sent.  There will be no quarter shown.  They will rush in to guarded fortified positions and they will fail.  They will be met with deadly force at every turn.  They will find hawks in flocks defending their own territory and it will be both brutal and natural.  

     To the prepper who believes prepping food and clothing is enough, to the prepper who believes that they will survive on rice and beans alone, prepare to defend yourself.  

     I do not post information on weapons as I can not speak as an expert on the subject.  I know what I know.  I urge you to get some knowledge, some training and some backup plans.  There are sites online that can be very helpful.  Try this site to find one that fits your needs:http://www.survivaltop50.com/.
It is a list of the most popular survivor sites, there is one to suit your taste there with the weapons and strategy information I cannot provide. 

     

No comments: